There’s so Many Things to do in Asheville NC and Nearby!
You’ll find no end of things to do in Asheville NC, nearby Weaverville, and the Blue Ridge Mountains. In fact, you’d need a week or more to see it all! Downtown Weaverville is vibrant with unique, independently owned shops, restaurants, and galleries. The area is also home to a variety of historic and architectural attractions – and don’t forget the great outdoors! Diverse outdoor adventure is always just minutes away in Weaverville and nearby Asheville; hiking, biking, horseback riding, paddling, and tours galore.
Our selection of popular area activities below is a great place to start with all the things to do in Asheville NC and nearby. We would also be more than happy to help you plan an itinerary. Just let us know!
- LaZoom Tours 828-225-6932 (featured in video)
- Area Package Tours by Inn At Amaris Farms
- Great Smokey Mountains Railroad 800-872-4681
- Sierra Nevada Brewery Tour in Mills River. Book online. 828-708-6176
- Velo Girl Rides – A bicycle tour company based in Black Mountain that offers one day and multi-day guided tours, 540-320-2849
- Asheville Food Tours 828-273-0365
- Asheville Ghost Tour 828-318-8579
- Asheville Urban Trail
- Asheville Brews Cruise 828-545-5181
- Trolley Tours of Asheville 828-251-8687
- Shoji Retreat – Japanese style outdoor hot tub and massage spa adjacent to the Parkway, 828-299-0999
- Sauna House – modern bathhouse offering sauna, ice baths, and more, (828) 505-6393
- Spa Theology – Day Spa, (828) 255-4171
- The Grove Park Inn Spa – a truly world class spa, 800-438-5800
- Sensibilities – Day Spa 828-687-8760
Fun on the Water!
Whether your idea of a fun day on the water includes whitewater rafting, paddling a kayak, floating in an inner tube, or fly fishing, we’ve got you covered. The Weaverville area is home to all of this and more – so there’s no excuse not to get out and have some fun!
- Brown Trout Flyfishing – Orvis endorsed fly-fishing guides, (828) 222-5020 (featured in video)
- Curtis Wright Outfitters – local favorites, 828-274-3471
- Davidson River Outfitters – in Pisgah Forest on the Davidson River , 828-877-4181
- Asheville Fly Fishing Co – guide owned and operated, 828-779-9008
- Hunter Banks – guided fly fishing trips, 828-252-3005
Rafting, Canoeing, SUP, Tubing & Rentals:
- French Broad Adventures – whitewater rafting and float trips, 880-570-7238 (featured in video)
- Blue Heron Whitewater – whitewater rafting on the French Broad River, 888-426-7238
- Asheville Adventure Co – tubing, float trips, whitewater and more, 828 417 7109
- Nantahala Outdoor Center – French Broad whitewater rafting and more, 866-336-1037
- Wildwater Rafting Ltd – Nantahala River rafting, 866-319-8870
- Zen Tubing – tube the French Broad, 855-936-8823
- Wai Mauna SUP Tours – paddleboard the French Broad in Asheville or Brevard, (828) 808-9038
Hiking and Biking
The Weaverville/Asheville area has an astonishing number of popular trails for hiking and biking. Stunning places like Chimney Rock State Park, Mt. Mitchell State Park, DuPont State Forest, the NC Arboretum, WNC Nature Center, and don’t forget the Blue Ridge Parkway! Below you’ll find sites that can help you pick a trail, rent a bike, or hire a guide.
- Area Waterfalls – (Catawba Falls are featured in the video) follow link to more to explore.
- Hiking Trails – Wildcat Rock Trail (featured in video) and Big Ivy (pictured) are just a few favorites, follow link for many many more!
- Biking Trails – From the Blue Ridge Parkway to off-road trails, discover fantastic area biking!
- Cultivate Climbing – climbing wall, hiking, and climbing guides, 828-505-4446
- Velo Girl Rides – a bicycle tour company based in Black Mountain that offers one-day and multiday guided tours, 540-320-2849
Bike Rentals & Outfitters:
- Liberty Bikes – Asheville’s largest Bike Shop, 828-274-2453
- Carolina Fatz Cycling Center – Nearest Bike Shop to us and Bent Creek Recreation Area, 828-665-7744
- Motion Makers – Another bike shop close to Bent Creek, 828-633-2227
- Sycamore Cycles – Adjacent to Pisgah forest, has bike rentals, 828-877-5790
Zipline and RTV Adventures
Ready to explore the mountains in a new way? Navitat has got you covered! Navitat Canopy Adventures is the area’s premier tree-based zipline company.
Navitat offer a treetop tour, mountaintop tour, Treetop Express Tour AND a Guided RTV Shadow tour. Zipline from tree-to-tree or ride the trails on a one-of-a-kind eco-journey.
- Navitat of Asheville NC – 828-274-2453
Enjoy a unique and pleasantly paced adventure when you explore the beauty of western North Carolina from the saddle!
- Pisgah Forest Stables – discover Pisgah Forest on horseback, 828-883-8258
- Sandy Bottom Trail Rides – ride the high country, mountain meadows, and wooded areas of Madison County, 800-959-3513
- Biltmore Trail Rides – explore Biltmore Estate with a Guided Trail Ride or Private Trail Ride, 800-411-3812
- Cedar Creek Stables – guided trail rides through a creek and up wide mountain trails, 828-625-2811
- Smoky Mountain Trail Rides and Bison Farm – guided horseback rides in a secluded mountain setting, 828-768-9339
For more to see and do in the Asheville area, visit: https://www.exploreasheville.com/